2015 HORSE RACE RESULTS
After a year long hiatus the HORSE RACE came back to the MILL. Forty-nine thoroughbreds came to the qualifying gate to earn a spot in the RACE. Dean Goolsby and Brandon Prantl took low scoring honors for the day with a score of 74. The teams that went to the race were
Tom Rajek and Lee Turner
Gary Glaser and Roger Williams
Earl Johnson and Wayne Delong
Randy Boll and Jay Friedman
Bob Lutz and Dan Mikan
Steve Kardish and Kent Brings
Jody Saylor and Nick Popadiuk
Geoff Frankovich and Les Anderson
Bruce Davis and Glenn Morris
Dean Goolsby and Danny McInnes
Mike Holmes and Tedd Sims
Brandon Prantl and Scott Ellison
The RACE was won by the team of Jody Saylor and Nick Popadiuk. Dean Goolsby and Danny McInnes won a chip off to finish in second place and Steve Kardish and kent Brings finished third.
WEEKEND TEE TIMES
The MGA, in cooperation with Hamilton Mill Golf Club, provides a unique service for our members to have tee times for the the Par Point game on weekends. In order to maintain this privilege we need to adhere to the guidelines that have been established.
- Sign ups must be completed by 8 PM the Sunday before the following weekend. Late sign ups will be accommodated on a first come first serve basis and only if space is available.
- Tee times are posted to the MGA website no later than Thursday morning. The MGA website is the only place you should go to for your tee time. DO NOT call the pro shop.
- It is your responsibility to be on the first tee 5 minutes before your tee time and ready to play. It is not the starters responsibility to go find you.
- While cancellations for emergencies do occur, cancellations and no shows for convenience are not acceptable and show lack of courtesy to your fellow MGA members. If you have to cancel please go to the MGA website and submit a registration with a note in the comment section that you need to cancel.
PRESIDENT'S CUP QUALIFIER
Thirty three gentlemen came prepared to battle the golf course and not the elements. Mother nature finally cooperated for an MGA tournament providing blue skies, sunshine and temperatures in the mid 70's. After 36 holes of stroke play Danny McInnis was the medalist with a net score of four under par 140. Congratulations to the following gentlemen for qualifying for the match play and GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THEM.
Danny McInnis(140), Jerry Higdon(142), Greg Harrison(142), Doug Cole(143), David Alexander(143), Glenn Morris(144), Ed Linkowski(144), Brandon Prantl(145), David Billingsley(145), Hugh Osmus(146), Ron Noreen(146), Bruce Davis(147), Tedd Sims(148), Kent Brings(148), Gary Glaser(149), John Jimenez(149)
REMINDERS and UPDATES
- Effective May 1st "Preferred Lies" are no longer in effect. The MGA goes back to playing he ball "DOWN".
- Registration for the HMGC Invitational is now open. It's the biggest event of the year. The field is limited so don't wait until the last minute to sign up. Registration closes May 31st.
- The Mill Cup standings have been updated through the first two events of the year. Randy Boll is in first place with 625. Tied for second place with 575 points are Dean Goolsby, Billy Hanes and Mike Stevens. Jay Friedman is in fifth place with 500 points. A complete list can be found under Main Menu / The Mill Cup.
- MOST IMPROVED GOLFER - Congratulations to Lee Turner on being the Most Improved golfer for the month of April. Lee lowered his index from 9.1 to 7.7 with a GHIN calculated improvement factor of 1.071. Lee wins a $25 gift certificate, compliments of Hamilton Mill, for the restaurant.