The annual MGA dinner is scheduled for January 24, 2015. Complete details can be found on the MGA website under Main Menu/Special Events/MGA dinner. Reservations are required and must be made by Sunday January 18th. To make reservations please contact Casey Haney by calling 770-945-4653 ext 8 or by email at
. Seating is limited to the first 100 people.
2014 HMGC RED BALL TOURNAMENT
DECEMBER 31st - SHOT GUN START @ 9:45 AM
Are you ready for the annual RED BALL TOURNAMENT? The last tournament of the year. Where did 2014 go? Below are the details for the tournament.
- 4 person teams
- Scoring will be 3 person scramble score plus the Red Ball score on each hole
- Each person on the team must play the Red Ball at least four times
- Each team will start with three Red Balls.
- The Red Ball can only be lost one time on each hole
- For every Red Ball returned at the end of play the team will have their score reduced by one stroke
- Gentlemen will play from the tournament tees; ladies will play from the red tees; gentlemen 60+ years old may play from the white tees.
- USGA Handicap Rule 3.5 will be in affect.
- On each team, the highest handicap will be reduces by 5%; the next highest will be reduced by 10%; the third highest will be reduced by 15%; the lowest handicap will be reduced by 20%.
- Opens December 2, 2014
- Closes December24, 2014 at 8 PM
- Register through the MGA website or the HMG pro shop
- You must provide all four players names and the tees they will be playing from.
- Entry fee is $25 per person plus normal golf fees
- There will be both gross and net prizes
- The number of places and amount paid will be determined by the number of teams that enter.
- All prizes will be paid in HMGC pro shop credit
As a reminder, the MGA will begin playing Preferred Lies effective December 1. Preferred Lies apply for all shots played from YOUR OWN FAIRWAY. Under the common traditions for Preferred Lies the player has the option to improve the lie of the ball without penalty by moving the ball (lift, clean & place only) within one club length of the original spot no neared the hole or onto the putting green, The player can only place the ball once and then the ball is "in play". If the ball does not stay on the spot where it was placed, it must be replaced without penalty. If it still won't stay on that spot it must be placed at the nearest spot where it can be placed at rest that is not nearer the hole. Breach of this Rule is loss of hole in Match Play and two stroke penalty in Stroke Play.